- Get there: Approx. step 1.5-2 hours by road towards trailhead from Santa Marta.
- Directed walk:4-6 time trip to the Shed Town regarding Santa Marta that have a region guide.
- Stay:Cabana Guarumo de la Sierra – Comfortable room that have breathtaking hill opinions within the Santa Marta, near the trailhead.
- By the Becki out of Boundaries off Thrill
Set deep in the ??Parque Nacional Absolute Tinigua regarding secluded Meta part, this new Cano Cristales or ‘Crystal Channel’ is the most Colombia’s most incredible sheer wonders.
Referred to as the ‘Lake of five Colours’ or perhaps the ‘Red River’, the fresh new river sleep was tinged having shades away from yellow, eco-friendly, bluish, black and you may yellow, giving the water hole and you may close rapids an enthusiastic otherworldly liquid rainbow physical appearance.
Which sheer experience – created by a combination of quartzite mineral rocks, alga and you will plants – only takes place amongst the days off July and you will November.
And breathtaking waterfalls and rapids, you will see game depressions in the river. Known as ‘giant’s kettles’, talking about shaped by chunks from hard rock that produce deep pits. You’ve never seen some thing like this new brilliantly coloured liquids falling and you will churning about pits.
Since an authorized tour book and you will unique allow must go to the lake, specific cutting-edge think is very important. Diving is welcome in appointed parts.
The little city of Los angeles Macarena (which includes a keen airport and you will weekly routes from Bogota) is a great legs to have going to the Cano Cristales and you can examining with the rest of it wild indoor surroundings, where in actuality the Amazon match the fresh hills.
- Make it: forty-five minutes by road out-of La Macarena (a great 75-moment trip away from Bogota).
- Stay:Hostal Cano Nevera – A household run guesthouse which have clean bedroom and you will home gardens, close to La Macarena urban area heart plus the side of the newest national park. Group can also be manage books and you can transport for you.
21. Leticia, portal to your Craigs list Jungle
Leticia is the investment of your own Colombian Craigs list. As there are no roads leading to the brand new Craigs list, traveling for the Leticia ‘s the best possible way so you’re able to launch your own rainforest activities.
Seeing Leticia are a weird experience. At first, you can easily observe crazy site visitors and you may shabby avenue. Ahead of night falls, you’ll be amazed exactly how next to characteristics you’re anyway. Birds which can be usually difficult to location is actually loaded in the fresh area and each night you might experience a show from plenty off parakeets coming to Santander Park.
Within this a single-hr boat trip lies virgin jungle, completely from the crowds. Jungle hikes and night safaris tell you the latest owners of your Craigs list: Sloths, caimans, alligators, toucans, boas and you will armadillos to name a few.
An informed things to do when you look at the Leticia are all pertaining to nature: Watercraft travel towards Auction web sites Lake and its particular tributaries, spotting red and you can grey whales, hiking and you will kayaking, understanding forest enjoy, and appointment indigenous tribes. But possibly the area has many wacky views, instance a keen ethnographic museum.
Visiting the edging metropolises away from Tabatinga (Brazil) and you will Isla Santa Rosa (Peru) are also common afternoon circumstances in the Leticia. Features supper within the Peru and you can simply take a beer in Brazil!
- Make it happen: Travel toward Alfredo Vasquez Cobo Airport terminal (dos.25-hr trip of Bogota).
- Stay:La Ceiba, Amazonas – Immersive character bungalows having four-poster beds located in a secluded jungle community which have access to hiking trails.
- By Niina out-of Bizarre Globe Hopper
22. San Agustin, https://kissbrides.com/filter/attractive-single-women/ a significant archaeological web site on Andean Mountains
San Agustin houses many incredible archaeological webpages in the each one of Colombia, which have those old sculptures scattered doing scenic green hills with the Andes slope assortment while the a backdrop.